— Karhatsu IT Consulting Oy —
Henri Karhatsu - Who am I?
My passion is to build the right software right. I hate working with things that do not matter. I hate building bad software. But I love building great software that brings real value.
I have seen how agile and lean methods like Kanban and Scrum can work. However, I believe that even more important for organizations is to apply an agile mindset. I really like the terms such as value, flow, feedback, and self-organization.
I've been working as a Scrum Master in many Finnish companies like Nokia (2011), Posti (2011-2013), and Sanoma (2013-). You can read my thoughts about agile software development from my blog.
Ruby on Rails developer
Besides that I have used Rails for building www.hirviurheilu.com score service for two Finnish sports (2010-). You can find the source code of the application from Github.
Stories from software development and around it
- Karhatsu Blog (blog posts about modern software development)
- #NoEstimates - Going beyond estimates (Agilia 2015 — Brno, Czech, Mar 25, 2015)
- #NoEstimates - Alternatives to estimates (Agile by Example — Warsaw, Poland, Oct 30, 2014)
- #NoEstimates - Alternatives to estimates (Club Agile Rhône-Alpes Lyon — Lyon, France, Jun 3, 2014)
- From #estwaste to #NoEstimates - a true story (Tampere Goes Agile — Tampere, Finland, Dec 14, 2013)
- From #estwaste to #NoEstimates - a true story (Lean Kanban Netherlands 2013 — Amsterdam, Netherlands, Oct 7, 2013)
- Modern Web Development with React and Fluxible (Capgemini development day, Sep 23, 2015)
- Agile training (OOSIS — Oct 1, 2014)
- Scrum Master's experiences and thoughts about modern tester (Testausyhdistyksen iltaseminaari — May 26, 2014)
- (Almost) zero regression bugs (Oct 26, 2012)
- Building a Self-organizing Software Development Team: Multiple Case Study (University of Helsinki, 2010)
- Joukkueurheiluyritysten menestystekijät (Helsinki School of Economics, 2003)